This article gathers the necessary links to safely download and install Guitar Pro 6 on your computer.
- Guitar Pro 6 is no longer supported by our technical team.
Therefore we can not guarantee that you will able to install and use Guitar Pro 6 successfully on your computer. Arobas Music supports former Guitar Pro versions up to one year after the release of the last and current version (Guitar Pro 8.x).
Former Guitar Pro licensed users benefit of a 50% discount on any Guitar Pro 8.x purchase made from our website.
We invite you to give Guitar Pro 8 a free try for 7 days by downloading our trial version from this link.
- You will need a valid license in order to activate Guitar Pro 6.
- Guitar Pro 6 licenses are no longer available for sale. No exception will be made. We can not offer you a free Guitar Pro 6 license either.
- If you purchased Guitar Pro 6 by the past you can recover your license information from this link.
Stay in flow with this new Guitar Pro version that offers a new interface, optimised performances, as well as many new features.
Download Guitar Pro 6
Guitar Pro 6 is available for Windows, macOS et Linux.
WINDOWS - Download Guitar Pro 6 for Windows
LINUX - Download Guitar Pro 6 for Linux
The software has been translated in 27 languages: Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
To install the software, please follow the instructions in the following sections carefully:
Guitar Pro 6, system requirements
- Windows XP/7/8/10 (32 and 64 bits) - Processor Intel or AMD 1,8 Ghz
- macOS X 10.4 or later (32 and 64 bits) - Processor Core duo 1,8 Ghz
- Ubuntu 9.10 or higher (32 bits) - Processor Intel or AMD 1,8 Ghz
- Your computer must have a sound card
- RAM 2 Gb
- Hard drive free space 2 Gb
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768 pixels. Guitar Pro 6 is not compatible with high-resolution displays.
- You must have administrator privileges
Guitar Pro 6, user's guide
PORTUGUESE - Download Guitar Pro 6 user manual in Portuguese
What can I do with Guitar Pro?
Guitar Pro is a sheet music/tablature editor for 4- to 8-string instruments: - guitar, bass, banjo, ukulele, etc. This is an ergonomic, comprehensive tool for beginning to advanced musicians who wish to make progress, compose, or simply play along on their guitar.
Guitar Pro is now the standard reference in the world of tab-editing software. Its simple and ergonomic design have popularized the Guitar Pro file-format, thus making it possible to access hundreds of thousands of tabs on the Internet. The software allows to edit, listen to, print, import, and export scores into several formats: .gtp, .gp3, .gp4, .gp5, .gpx (proprietary formats), MIDI, ASCII, WAV, PNG, PDF.
As a score player, it offers a series of integrated tools to support you in learning to play songs whether you can read music or not: adjusting tempo, playing in loop, chord and scale dictionaries, tuner, metronome, independent volume-tuning for each track, virtual keyboard and guitar fretboard. It also offers the following options for the display of scores: full screen, horizontal/vertical scrolling, single-track/multi-track view, and zoom.
The software is furthermore fitted with a Realistic Sound Engine (RSE) including more than a hundred instruments (electric and acoustic guitars, basses, keyboards, brass, winds, and percussions), a soundboard to entirely customize the sounds of every track, and sixty types of effects modeling (amps, effects, master).