Learn how to properly remove and reinstall Guitar Pro 6 from your Customer Area.
Guitar Pro 6 for Windows
In some rare occasions, it may be necessary for you to remove and reinstall Guitar Pro 6 in order to fix minor bugs or erratic behaviors.
- Delete the Guitar Pro application from the Control Panel
- Use the Guitar Pro Clean up tool to clean up your computer.
- Make sure to run your computer as an administrator.
- Make sure that your antivirus, firewall, proxy or router is well configured to accept Guitar Pro 6 installation.
- Download Guitar Pro 6 for Windows
- Launch the installation.
Keep in mind that by uninstalling Guitar Pro you will also delete all the soundbanks previously downloaded. Once Guitar Pro has been correctly installed, run the Updater to install any available updates or connect to your Customer Area to download the updates manually.