If you have updated your Windows computer to Windows 8.1, you may encounter problems when using Guitar Pro 6.
It could be:
- An error message of the type “This license has been generated for another computer”
- The text “Font Missing” appears on your screen.
- The software crashes when you open scores
If you have experienced any of these issues, your installation has probably been corrupted by the update of your computer.
How do I fix this problem?
- Restart your computer
- Do not open Guitar Pro 6 once your computer has restarted
- Download the GP6 Cleaner file for Windows 8
- Run the file using right-click > “Run as an administrator”
- Start Guitar Pro 6 and re-enter your license information
If your problem persists once you have taken these steps, do not hesitate to contact our technical support.